In light of the recent changes of the 14th September, the club has updated the COVID-19 policy in-line with the BMFA and Government’s advice.
To support track and trace all members should either fill in the field attendance form with the relevant details on the day of attending. This temporarily replaces the signing in book in the caravan.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 please contact Toby Cross on Tel 07305910195 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org stating your full name. All members that were then at the field that day/ days will be contacted to get tested
- If you or anyone in your household has any of the symptoms of COVID-19 you must stay at home. The main symptoms are:
- A high temperature.
- A new continuous cough.
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- You must also stay at home if you have experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14-days, or have had contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case.
- The effects of the COVID-19 virus are most serious in men over the age of 60, especially those with other underlying health problems. If you fall into this category, we would urge careful consideration before venturing out and risking any potential exposure to the virus, however small the risk may be.
- Only travel to the flying site on your own or with members of your household.
- Only travel based on what is permitted by current government guidelines.
- At the flying site only mix with members of your household or up to 5 people outside your household but stick to social distancing guidelines.
- Do not mix with any other individuals present outside of your group of 6 (bubble) at any time.
- Always carry and use hand sanitiser as part of your model flying equipment.
- Use hand sanitiser before and after making contact with any shared surfaces or equipment.
- Consider when the use of face masks for added protection is appropriate.
- If you become ill with any of the recognised COVID-19 symptoms (while onsite or within 10 days afterwards) contact your club track and trace co-ordinator immediately.
- Caravan to be used for shelter only and maintaining social distancing and wearing a suitable face covering.
- If you are sheltering or don’t feel safe with the above measures please stay safe and stay home.